The 2023 Inspirational Awards are NOW OPEN for Nomination!
There’s no doubt that the event industry has some truly exceptional people, and the PCMA Canada East Chapter is no exception! It’s the time of year to recognize our best and brightest, but we need your help!!
Know someone who has made a difference in the industry? Nominate them today so that they can get the recognition they deserve!
The PCMA Canada East Chapter awards program was created in 2016 and have presented annually ever since. These awards recognize the members of our community who exemplify the PCMA shared values of passion, connected, ethical and knowledgeable.
The Awards start with YOU, our members. Nominations are made by members in good standing for worthy individuals in the categories of Planner, Supplier, On-site Excellence, Innovation and Mentor of the Year Inspirational Awards.
From that list of nominees, the Committee engages in a blind judging process basing their scores solely on the submission with all identifying information removed. Once the scores are tabulated, teach submission will be reviewed by at least two of the following executive board members: the President, Past President and President-Elect, who finalize the selection.
Submissions in all categories are judged upon their commitment to the four key elements of PCMA — Passion, Connected, Ethical and Knowledgeable (with the exception of the Innovation Award, which is judged on its Scope, Utility, and Value).
- Nominations are submitted online, via the “Nominate” link below.
- Once you have submitted your nomination, the nominee will be notified.
- Each nominee will be asked if they accept the nomination and would like to continue with the nomination process.
- A link to submit your application will be sent to the nominee once we receive confirmation to continue.
- Once the nominations have been vetted, nominees will be announced publicly via the PCMA website and communication channels.
- Previous recipients may not receive the same award twice in a five-year period.
- Self-nominations are only accepted in the Innovation of the Year Award category.
- A nominee must be a PCMA Canada East Chapter member in good standing – with the exception of the On-site Excellence Award.
- The On-site Excellence Award may be awarded any member of the events industry, but the nominator must be a member in good standing.
- A nominator must be a PCMA Canada East Chapter member in good standing.
- The PCMA Canada East Executive Board members and Awards Committee Judges aren’t eligible to receive an award: Heather Reid, Susan Saganski, Krista Cameron, Elizabeth Raoult, Bobbi Hoffman.
Nomination Deadline: September 29, 2023
Contact: [email protected]
The Inspirational Planner of the Year award recognizes an active planner member of PCMA Canada East for their involvement, commitment and achievement in a given year. Recipients are role models and exemplify professional excellence and should be a full-time professional meeting planner.
The Inspirational Supplier of the Year award recognizes an active supplier member of PCMA Canada East for their commitment and achievement in a given year. The recipient should be seen as a role model that exemplifies professional excellence within the industry.
The Inspirational Mentor of the Year award recognizes an active member of PCMA Canada East for their commitment to mentoring. The recipient should be seen as someone who is a positive, guiding influence in another person’s life.
The Innovation of the Year award recognizes an industry organization that has a PCMA Canada East Chapter member in a leadership position. This organization is being recognized for demonstrating improvements to their product, service or in their field that has helped to uplevel the industry through inspiring innovation. Examples may consist of an exciting destination change, property renovations, new method or innovative approach to event planning etc.
The On-site Excellence of the Year award recognizes an individual or duo who serves in an in-venue execution role. The recipient(s) must have provided outstanding service and exemplified professional excellence to a conference, meeting or event organized or operated by a member of the PCMA Canada East Chapter. The nominator must be a Planner member however the nominee is not required to be a member. The definition of Planner for this award includes those employed by a Supplier who operate in an external planning role. Submissions that fit this definition will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The nominator cannot work for the same organization as the nominee.
The President’s Award is given out solely at the discretion of the Chapter president, and may or may not be awarded in a given year. One can be given out each year by the president to recognize persons who had a major impact on their journey to becoming or during their year as president, or to recognize an unsung hero of the chapter.